Some Quotations I Love

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Niebuhr

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

"Nothing gold can stay." - Robert Frost (1923)

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." - Yoda



"Only a life lived for others is a life worth living." - Einstein

"And the tree was happy." - The Giving Tree

"But the Hebrew word, the word timshel - Thou mayest' - that gives a choice. It might be the most important word in the world. That says the way is open. That throws it right back on a man. For if ‘Thou mayest’ - it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not." - John Steinbeck (East of Eden)

"Some men are born with greatness , some men achieve greatness , and some men have greatness thrust upon them" - William Shakespeare

"The laboratory is simply a place where we tear things to pieces. Sometimes we can get them together again... but nevertheless we can pull things to pieces and get the truth that we are searching for." - George Washington Carver (the peanut dude)

"Clear eyes. Full heart. Can't lose." - FNL

No comments:

Post a Comment