Being Tough



In my free time, I like being gnarly. But really, I've been fortunate to be blessed with such a high tolerance to pain. On the left is a picture of the first time I donated blood. Ever since I started in 11th grade, I've been donating ever several months and feel really lucky to 1) have good blood pressure and 2) be able to help out others in a medical field.

In addition, I possess some basic medical emergency skills. On the right is a picture of my injured foot, which I sustained from a car hitting me. Yeah, try to be nice to pedestrians cause I know what it feels like! Anyways, I successfully cleaned my own wound and used a staple gun to patch it up, after seeing my dad (who used to work in an ER at Kaiser) use it on someone. Pretty freaky incident & bad memory, but a good story to tell :)

"Pain is temporary. Pride is forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment